This course will cover the general requirements for staff and adults employed in schools.
- Know the reasons for health and safety awareness in schools and your duty regarding them
- Know how to recognise problems with health and safety risks and what to do about them
- Demonstrate you are able to distinguish health and safety concerns from others, e.g. discipline
This course is aimed at managers in schools and covers the basics for risk assessment, particularly for activities including pupils.
- Know which legislation applies to schools and how to implement effectively
- Know why the process of risk assessment is important in managing the activities of adults and pupils
- Complete a risk assessment for an activity in your setting